Living in Abu Dhabi
City of Abu Dhabi
Ruwais City, in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, is following a development path similar to that of the capital. In both cases, what was once a fishing village has experienced remarkable growth as energy resources enable transformation.
Life in Ruwais offers a chance to witness this development at an earlier stage than in Abu Dhabi. Over a span of 15 years, Ruwais City is set to significantly benefit and grow from the expansion of TA’ZIZ and the Ruwais Industrial Complex. HTTPS://RUWAIS.AE/
Ruwais city’s existing amenities include:
- With a population spanning 65-plus nationalities Ruwais is home to several international schools, including ADNOC Schools (KG1-Grade 12).
- Ruwais Hospital is a fully accredited 122-bed hospital with more than 50 physicians covering general, specialist and emergency services.
- For families, the city has four major parks including Central Park. Shopping options range from a traditional souq to a modern mall.
- The coastline just north of the city has three beaches, two free and one private.
- The nearby ferry station is the embarkation point for Sir Bani Yas nature reserve and resort.
- A new golf course is currently under construction, opening 2021 railway link
To cater for the forthcoming increase in population, ADNOC plans to accelerate the construction of new infrastructure works across Ruwais City by increasing the number of residential units, expanding educational and healthcare facilities, adding new community, civic and mixed-use centers, increasing government facilities, and including additional transportation links.
Ruwais City Growth Plan
To cater for the forthcoming increase in population, ADNOC plans to accelerate the construction of new infrastructure works across Ruwais City:
- residential housing
- educational facilities
- healthcare facilities
- community & civic facilities
- mixed-use centers
- government facilities
- railway link